Multinational Company in Telecommunication Industry
We are looking for System Architect, for our partner a Multinational Company with the headquarter in Germany.
Your role will be to develop and design solutions for Vodafone’s services integration. You will define and manage Standards and Guidelines in order to achieve operational excellence, reduce costs and increase quality.
As the ultimate goal you will enable the Service Environment to be as expandable, flexible and reliable for existing and upcoming Services and Applications.
It will be your responsibility to provide technical consultancy, support and guidance for all stakeholders with the specific on M-PESA related services (but not limited on them – will cover the full spectrum of Vodafone Global hosted services).
This role is a unique opportunity for an experienced Systems Integration Manager, who is up for the challenge to work in a complex environment, where the strong soft skills will be complementary to the technical ones.
As Vodafone continues to evolve, our commitment to innovation has never been greater. Already the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, our goal is to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one. And with approximately 406 million customers to cater for across the globe, there has never been a better time to jump on board – whoever you are and wherever you come from. The role of the System Architect will be a key position within Vodafone’s Group Datacenter (GDC) Department based in Düsseldorf (DE).
Your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Profound knowledge in the area of IT delivery projects from application integration point of view
- Experience in deployment of large scale IT services in multi-national environments
- Experience in managing 3rd parties vendors
- Strong knowledge of design and management of high complex IT services (specifically in designing solutions on Enterprise Platforms from Microsoft and Linux, Virtualization, Oracle application stack, Disaster Recovery technologies)
- Deep understanding of operational procedures and process standards (e.g. ITIL) and the ability to apply and evaluate them for continuous improvements in the service
- IT Architecture background and experience in managing complex technology
- Experience and background in a complex business environment and working in multicultural teams with a strong focus on supplier management
- Ability to understand and evaluate:
– Web and mobile service technologies
– Operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows)
– Database technology (Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL server)
– TCP/IP networks and Cloud
– Virtualization techniques as Solaris Zones or VMware
– Data Centre standards as Oracle data bases, apache web server, JBOSS application servers
– Load balanced servers, VERITAS or Microsoft clusters and on the storage side features as SRDF – Disaster Recovery technology (Oracle Dataguard and Golden Gate, replication between sites, good understanding of RTO and RPO usage and implementation designs)
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Accountable for the Integration and Design as well as consultancy for service implementation including end-to-end capacity & sizing with the main focus on M-PESA
- Review and ‘sign off’ on all design and implementation documents PO (i.e. high-level as well as low-level designs)
- Support and drive end-to-end performance & service quality improvements during the entire Product Life Cycle (PLC)
- Drive development and innovation of solutions that increase service quality and cost efficiency, evaluating and execute technical feasibility analyses / technology assessments / commercial and technical impact analysis
- Accountable for standardization of technology, development of concepts and guidelines for the relevant M-PESA PO environments
- Ensure the maintenance of the PO operational requirements and provide consultancy on assessment, implementation and verification of operational requirements